Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:26 Mar 2023
Salary: PO8 £58,209 – £61,491
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 26th March 2023
Working here isn’t just about the sense of fulfilment you’ll get from your work – Haringey the place has a huge amount to offer. Not only do our fantastic transport connections mean we are just minutes away from central London, but there is also so much to do in the borough itself. Haringey buzzes with entertainment, attitude, artistic and cultural life – through its pubs, clubs, cinemas, theatres, arts centres, community groups and even festivals.
Haringey is a diverse borough that prides itself on the strength of its communities. We want to reflect this in the people who work here. Which is why we’re committed to promoting diversity and creating an environment where everyone is treated equally, with respect and dignity. We have:
- An Equalities Steering Group, chaired by a director and member of Corporate Board.
- Five staff network groups in place – LGBTQ+, EMBRACE, Disability and Illness, Social Mobility, Young People’s network.
- Completed a peer (reverse) mentoring pilot.
- Disability Confident Employer status (level 2)
- Stonewall Diversity Champion membership.
- Cabinet commitment to be an LGBT+ inclusive borough for staff and residents.
About the role
Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth – in housing and jobs – and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth. That growth will be focussed in our priority regeneration areas; Tottenham and Wood Green.
Haringey is a diverse borough of 29 conservation areas, numerous Listed Buildings, and is home to London’s largest Housing Zone. We have embarked on an ambitious regeneration programme with plans for 17,000 new homes and 4,000 new jobs, and the potential for new train and tube connections to central London and beyond.
We are looking for a Team Manager Strategic Applications to lead our top class service and deliver our pipeline of large, major residential and mixed use schemes. You should be able to demonstrate strong leadership and a sound knowledge of the planning system. A good track record in managing complex strategic planning applications is essential.
The role also manages our Design and Conservation Team.
Everybody who works for Haringey Council helps to make our vision for an even better Haringey a reality.
In order to support our growth ambitions, we are looking for a Team Manager Strategic Applications to lead our team working on a range of planning and related applications and appeals. If you have experience of leading on major planning applications in an urban context and are ready to oversee a range of high-profile schemes, then we would like to hear from you.
Working for Haringey
At Haringey, we make sure your efforts are reflected by a competitive salary. However, that’s only the start. We’ve introduced a whole range of benefits, designed to make your life easier. These include:
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement
- Interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme (Career Average)
- Learning and development courses at work
- Courses and workshops to offer support and help through change
- Long Service Award
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Simply Health cash back plans
- Dental plan
- Eye tests
- Reduced entry to leisure centres and gyms
- Osteoporosis and other health screening
- Money saving discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free access to UK’s largest discount website