Location:48 STATION ROAD
Closing Date:21 Aug 2022
Salary: £51717 – £57084 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 21st August 2022
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year-olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
Haringey Council is seeking a Team Manager to manage a Child in Care Team, long-term permanence team. The council has been on a significant journey of improvement, with ambition to enable every child and young person to have the best start in life. We are committed to the “signs of safety” and we need exceptional leaders who are committed to embedding this model of working and understand that good quality social work engagement can make a difference for children, young people and their families with whom we are working. Haringey is committed to providing “the right support for the right child at the right time”.
The Team Manager will work closely with the Service Manager. We need someone who is creative, innovative and motivated to safeguarding vulnerable children with experience of Corporate Parenting and permanency. It is an excellent opportunity to build upon good practice and you will effectively performance manage and lead the service.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team
- Ability to plan and manage own and others workload
- Ability to supervise staff, to assess professional competence and enable further professional development in others
- Ability to competently assess and manage risk appropriately
- Good knowledge of child development and significant experience of child protection work
- Good knowledge of all relevant legislation, especially that impacting on care leavers and vulnerable young people
- Good knowledge of thinking and research on children in care and care leavers
- Ability to influence and coach others and to raise the standards of other practitioners
- Ability to support the development of a culture of professional and multi-agency learning and development
- Ability to keep concise and accurate records of management decisions and supervision
- Experience of chairing and recording multi agency meetings.
- Relevant experience of contributing to service strategies, policies and procedures
- Good level of IT skills to include Word, Excel, Internet explorer, e-mail and a thorough understanding of the social work workflow
- Ability to take responsibility for planning and managing own time and the workload of the team, balancing competing demands and meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to implement HR and other council procedures.
- Understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Council’s Equal Opportunities policies and anti-discriminatory practice.
- Communicates complex issues confidently and clearly both verbally and in writing, with an acknowledgement of the intended audience.
- Works collaboratively with other service and external partners to deliver successful outcomes – developing constructive relationships inside and outside of Haringey
- Understanding, knowledge and ability to follow guidelines that ensures compliance to Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements as relevant to the post