Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Salary:£63,900 - £73,900
Closing Date:07 Nov 2021
Salary Grade: HC1
Salary: £63,900 – £73,900 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 7th November 2021
About Haringey Council
Haringey is rich in diversity, heritage, culture and opportunity, maybe more so than any other London borough. Haringey is our home and we’re proud of it. As a Council, we’re ambitious for our borough’s future and for the people who live and work here.
As a key component of the Borough’s future, Haringey Council must ensure that colleagues across the organisation reflect this ambition and are able to embrace the challenges ahead. Critical to achieving this is the HR team which has been undergoing a significant period of change, including the recent recruitment of a new Chief People Officer and restructure of the management team. We are now looking to recruit an experienced HR professional to join us as Strategic Lead HR Business Partner.
About the Role
As Lead HR Business Partner, you will lead the provision of the Strategic HR and OD Business Partnering service across the council. You will also have direct business partner responsibility for the Children and Young People’s service, working as their strategic partner to meet service objectives and priorities. Main responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Managing a small team of 3 staff members
- Drive change implementation through the use of appropriate change management techniques across the Council
- Represent HR on relevant boards and teams for major business-related change and digital transformation programmes in order to ensure that all people related aspects are anticipated and effectively managed
- Strategic alignment across the HR Strategic Business Part team, focussing on the Council’s goals and workforce development strategy
- Work with colleagues in the recruitment team to develop leadership and management capabilities across the organisation
For a full list of roles and responsibilities for this position, please see the attached job description and person specification.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic HR/OD professional who has previous experience of creating workforce strategy plans and managing high level stakeholder relationships and good HR/OD knowledge.
As you will have direct business partner responsibility for the Children and Young People’s service, you should have knowledge of the social care work force and related issues (not necessarily from a local government background). You should also have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and persuade a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrable experience of working in a strategic role in HR/OD
- Proven experience of business relationship management and providing strategic business led advice
- Experience of developing, designing and delivering workforce strategies and related people management strategies
Occupational Therapist£37,711 - £40,774Adults and Health31 October 2021£37,711 - £40,774
Monitoring & Responding Officer£27,978 - £28,992Adults and Health24 October 2021£27,978 - £28,992
Auditor – Quality Assurance (Children’s Services)£50,826 - £53,928Children’s Services7 November 2021£50,826 - £53,928