Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:04 Dec 2022
Salary: HC1 £64,860 – £75,009
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 4th December 2022
Provisional Interview Dates: W/C 12th December 2022
About the role
The Strategic Asset Programme Manager will lead on the implementation of the Asset Management Strategy, including delivery of a range of investment, remodelling and changes of use investment programmes on council and commercial assets across the borough and also acquisitions and disposals in line with existing policies.
You will play a key role to ensure the organisation makes well informed decisions about property assets by being the responsible lead for accurate asset data, implementing the asset management strategy and developing and implementing asset quality standards.
You will report to the Head of Strategic Asset Management and be accountable for managing the Strategic Asset Management team providing expertise and guidance for complex portfolio delivery.
As Strategic Asset Programme Manager you will report to the Head of Strategic Asset Management. You will be accountable for managing the Strategic Asset Management team and providing expertise and guidance for complex portfolio delivery.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead on strategic asset management activity and delivery of key priorities and objectives of the Asset Management Plan.
- To be responsible for annual updates to the plan and develop service plans, ensuring compliance with all internal and external standards.
- Engage with senior managers across the authority to understand and capture their long- term property needs and agree priorities in line with the Borough Plan.
- To lead the Property Review process, in collaboration with colleagues from across Capital Property and Projects, and across the Council, seeking opportunities for asset rationalisation and efficiency.
- To interpret these needs in the context of the Council’s Borough Plan, broader ambitions for property including the long-term viability, sustainability and financial performance of the estate.
- To analyse and report on the financial and business performance of the estate and make recommendation about acquisitions, disposals, investment, remodelling and changes of use by being the responsible lead for accurate asset data, the development and application of stock appraisal tools and processes.
- To be responsible for setting the strategic direction of capital investment programmes relating to all operational areas.
- To lead on the management and development of the Asset Management property database/s and information links to other systems. This includes stock condition data and programme modelling; planned maintenance module, compliance data, and energy data.
- To prepare and maintain a 30 year cost model for stock investment including rolling 5 year programmes of investment.
- To chair the Voids Property Group, ensuring clear strategies are in place for managing void properties through to disposal, change of use or commercial lettings.
- To oversee the Accommodation Strategy ensuring its close alignment with the Asset Management Plan.
- To oversee a programme of moves of Council services and departments to deliver the Accommodation Strategy.
- To ensure strategies and programmes are customer focused and that customer engagement takes place to inform their development.
- To actively promote and lead partnership working and joined up service delivery, by developing and maintaining key relationships with people inside and outside the council.
- Prepare committee reports and briefings on matters with the service and attend meetings and provide advice to the Councils’ senior officers and Members.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have a graduate level qualification in a property related discipline or equivalent professional expertise and you will hold a relevant professional body qualification or accreditation (for example RICS, MCIOB, MBIFM).
- You will be able to demonstrate a wealth of experience of working in a large complex service environment, in an asset management related field, including a track record of successfully delivering improvements in performance of a property portfolio.
- You will also possess the strategic leadership and staff management skills to deliver a construction related programme that will realise Borough Plan and value for money objectives.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of analysing the suitability, condition, value and income potential of property, identifying strategy to assist with driving out value, and delivering long-term improvement and have experience of working effectively across a range of services, organisations including local and community stakeholders to provide customer focused services and deliver objectives.
We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours, work from home days, generous annual leave, and an interest free travel loan. The team is currently working remotely, but plan to return to some office-based work in the coming months. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK. We have diverse and multi-talented teams within Capital Projects and Property working in a fast-paced environment driving change, where highs are celebrated, and lows are lessons learnt for the next challenge.