Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:01 Jan 2024
Salary: £36,217 – £47,857 per annum
Full Time, Permanent (36 Hours per week)
Vacancies in the Safeguarding & Support and Court Team
Closing Date: Monday 1st January 2024
Interview Date: To be confirmed by the hiring manager
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
The Safeguarding and Support Team consists of five teams, each led by a Team Manager managing up to six social workers. The service is supported by separate Court Teams, Parent Capacity Assessment Team and the Vulnerable Violence and Exploitation Team.
As part of this position, you will:
- Provide high quality casework and service to vulnerable children and families
- Safeguard children, promote well-being and improve their outcomes
- Complete child & family assessments and section 47 enquiries
- Prepare and manage SMART CIN, CP and LAC plans
- Maintain high standards of professional practice and engage with supervision
- It is essential that you have a relevant social work qualification and registered with SWE.
- Have a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience, preferably in a similar setting.
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team within be proactive and solution focused environment.
- The ability to be able to work under pressure and manage a caseload
- Possess excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.