Location:RIVER PARK HOUSE
Salary:£43,860 - £46,839
Closing Date:19 Sep 2021
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our residents.
About The Role
Our Social Work Team makes up part of a wider multi-disciplinary assessment service including Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants and Surveyors, we work alongside colleagues from local health trusts and community groups to ensure the holistic needs of our service users are met. You will bring the principles of professionalism, ambition, accountability, dignity, respect, empathy, and a strength based, collaborative approach to service delivery.
You will be expected to have an excellent understanding of the legislation relevant to the role, specifically the:
- Care Act
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Capacity Act
And be able to work in accordance with the legislative principles and any other relevant guidance or case law.
- To meet increases in demand of complex case management.
- To support with Court of Protection application and case management with Haringey legal team, particularly around increasing demand for Community Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOL’s), and objections to DOL’s placements.
- Senior practitioner will hold complex cases and support the manager to achieve outcomes for the team and residents, and support supervisees with complex cases.
- Help with managing absence (within management tier).
- To help embed good practice.
- The role will support with the move toward locality working and ensure senior operational and management support across the localities.
- To support existing and develop strong working networks within the Assessment Service and co-produce ways of working that support the principles of strengths-based practice with a focus on early intervention, prevention, and community solutions.
- To support Team Manager and Assistant Team Manager around implementation of The Liberty Protection Safeguards
A qualification in Social Work is essential for this post and you must be willing to complete an Enhanced DBS check. Experience of working with adults in a case management setting is desirable.
Other training undertaken since qualification should be evidenced with your application. Experience of working as a practice educator as a DoLS Assessor would be desirable.
You Will Need
- Excellent assessment skills
- Be able to work with service user and carers in times of crisis.
- Able to work with individuals and families in an outcome focused way using a Strength Based Approach
- To manage a caseload of varied complexity
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
Post qualification training
Flexible working arrangement
Highly competitive pension scheme
Learning and development platform with range of resources to support learning.
Access to social care forums for peer discussions with our Principal Social Worker
Everybody who works for Haringey Council helps to make our vision for an even better Haringey a reality. Our values – Human, Ambitious, Accountable and Professional – will help us to achieve our ambitions. This is what the different values mean: We make it easy to deal with us; We continuously improve; We deal with things without being told; We serve others as we wish to be served.
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021
Business Support Officer£25,137 - £26,520Environment and Neighbourhoods3 October 2021£25,137 - £26,520
Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officers£34,884 - £37,722Environment and Neighbourhoods10 October 2021£34,884 - £37,722
Pest Control Operative£27,978 - £28,992Environment and Neighbourhoods3 October 2021£27,978 - £28,992