Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:04 Dec 2022
Salary: PO8 £55,980 – £59,262
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 4th December 2022
Provisional Interview Dates: W/C 12th December 2022
About the role
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee, control, and govern the pipeline of projects / programmes across the portfolio.
- Lead on the key governance forums for the Capital Projects and Property business unit, ensuring adherence to the terms of reference, scheduling and participation of key stakeholders, and collation/presentation of relevant reports and papers.
- Lead on the co-ordination and communication of the forward plan for the business unit.
- Lead a team of PMO Officers to ensure delivery of high quality, value for money projects using best practice tools and templates across the business unit.
- Lead on the delivery of people-related processes, vision and strategy for the service areas, with the support of a team of PMO Officers.
- Oversee the communications strategy for key projects and programmes, and lead on guidance to the PM’s to ensure lower level comms are issued on time and with the latest information.
- Lead and oversee the continuous review of the processes and procedures, updating / evolving all process documentation, and circulating amongst the team.
- Oversee the PMO team delivery of regular training workshops on the PMO / PSO processes, and feedback capture
- Oversee and ensure the timely provision of accurate management information. Including consolidating information from highlight reports, cashflows, and other key documentation.
- Initiate PMO team audit exercises of key files and documentation across projects at all stages within Major Projects Delivery (including those in defect stage).
- Support service delivery meetings, forums and events were escalated from the PMO team.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have a degree or equivalent experience in a related field and a Project Management related qualification and or certification i.e. PRINCE2, APM.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have experience of working in a large multi-functional organisation or business within either the public or private sector as an experienced Portfolio Management Office Manager working effectively with a wide range of teams, individuals, and organisations both internally and externally.
- You will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to establish rapport, foster relationships and develop trust, with the ability to relate to both non-technical business users and technical resources.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills and have the ability to produce clear and comprehensive reports and letters and demonstrate a good level of self-management and organisational skills.
- You will have working knowledge of best practices in Portfolio Management Office functions and have experience in implementing governance roles, processes and systems across a portfolio.
- You will have experience of working effectively across a range of services, organisations and local and community stakeholders to provide customer focused services and deliver objectives.
We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours, work from home days, generous annual leave, and an interest free travel loan. The team is currently working remotely, but plan to return to some office-based work in the coming months. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK. We have diverse and multi-talented teams within Capital Projects and Property working in a fast-paced environment driving change, where highs are celebrated, and lows are lessons learnt for the next challenge.