Location:48 STATION ROAD
Closing Date:11 Jun 2023
Salary: £43,815 – £46,857 per annum
Full Time, Permanent (36 Hours per week)
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed by the hiring manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior commissioning officer to play a crucial part in helping the Children’s Commissioning team achieve its goals and priorities. In this role you will be responsible for providing Haringey’s children and families with high-quality commissioned contracts and services that are performance managed, needs-led, evidence-based, and deliver the greatest value possible.
About the Role
The successful candidate will have experience in managing teams, writing reports for senior management, and collaborating with other departments and services. You should also have a good understanding of legal procedures and knowledge of relevant local and national policies and legislative issues.
- Lead the planning, buying, and management of services by creating contracts and service specifications, and ensuring contracts are followed properly.
- Write, update and store service contracts and agreements properly.
- Help with every step of service planning and management, including research, planning, buying, monitoring, feedback and evaluation.
- Make sure relevant contracts are bought on time and follow legal procedures.
- Ensure that contracts are being followed properly and evaluate their success.
- Write reports that help senior managers make decisions and manage resources.
- Manage a team of Commissioning Officers, making sure they follow policies and work effectively.
- Work with people in children’s services and procurement to make sure services are meeting needs and delivering good outcomes.
- Recommend ways to improve services and follow through to make sure the changes are made.
- Ensure that commissioning and departmental plans work well together by working closely with providers and colleagues.
About the Team
As a Senior Commissioning officer, you will be reporting to the Strategic Commissioner within the Commissioning and Programmes team, within Children’s Services.
This is a new team within the directorate, and it has been established to ensure that our commissioning and programme activity encompasses:
- Strategic thinking: The service values those who are able to think strategically and provide management with innovative ideas and input for the ongoing improvement of the service.
- Collaborative working: The service operates with a “One Children’s Commissioning” approach, working together with external partners to achieve our objectives.
- Performance management: We place a strong emphasis on performance management, ensuring the delivery of high-quality commissioned contracts and services that are evidence-based and offer best value.
- Cultural change: We are driving cultural change and new ways of working to ensure that the service aligns with corporate and service priorities, plans and objectives.
- Continuous improvement: The service strives for continuous improvement, regularly reviewing contracts and provision to identify opportunities for change and improvement.
- Positive outcomes: The team is dedicated to delivering positive outcomes to children and families in Haringey and ensures that all decisions and activities are needs-led and evidence-based.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in service commissioning, procurement, and contract management.
- Ability to manage and organize data to support service design and to ensure contract requirements are being met.
- Experience in collaborating with other teams or services to create and maintain effective systems for the efficient delivery of services.
- Good understanding of legal procedures and knowledge of relevant local and national policies and legislative issues.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of GDPR and other information security protocols.
- Proven ability to manage teams and ensure high-quality work.
- Knowledge of the best practices in planning, monitoring, feedback and evaluation.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or experience
- Proven experience of commissioning services
- Substantial experience of working at a senior level in a similar role, preferably in a public sector setting.
If you have a passion for service commissioning, procurement, and contract management and you meet the requirements above we encourage you to apply. We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own. If you are interested or would like an informal discussion, please contact Caroline Brain via email: email@example.com