Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:11 Jun 2023
Salary: PO4 £43,815 – PO6 £51,903
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 11th June 2023
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse borough, and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth.
It is an exciting time to be working at Haringey, and especially in the Wood Green placemaking team, which is about to embark on an exercise to define how Wood Green can be improved and what it’s role within London should be. There are a number of current regeneration projects underway In Wood Green that will improve our town centres, support an inclusive economy, and create an improved public realm. Our aim is to ensure that the investment secured to date has a lasting positive impact on the lives of our residents.
About the role
The role is delivery focussed and will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work across a broad range of placemaking project stages that will be contributing the shaping the future of Wood Green for years to come, from conceiving of town centre improvement projects to on-the-ground delivery of public realm.
This will include:
- Helping to deliver a strategic engagement programme to set a vision for Wood Green’s regeneration over the next decade.
- Managing the delivery of a £1m public realm and shopfront improvement project to enhance a local shopping centre.
- Managing the delivery of Penstock tunnel – a £700k public realm improvement project.
- Managing the delivery of major investment of over £1m into one of Wood Green parks
- Contributing to strategic urban design moves to improve Wood Green’s connectivity and implement Active Travel opportunities.
- The chance to delivery meaningful co-design through to collaborative management.
To be successful in applying for this role, you will be:
- Experienced at delivering regeneration projects from scheme inception through design and construction, at a range of scales including public realm and architecture.
- A self-starter, with the knowledge, skills, and experience to drive forward complex projects, requiring regular liaison with senior managers, elected members and a wide range of local stakeholders.
- Adept at developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- A problem solver who is up for the challenge of delivering the highest quality outputs in a complex environment, requiring the ability to think outside of the box to deliver solutions; and
- You will enjoy building positive working relationships with Wood Green’s diverse communities and have a passion for ensuring underrepresented groups are able to participate and have their voices heard.
Working for Haringey
At Haringey Council we are committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included, and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce so welcome applications from all ethnicities and communities so that we continue to make a difference to our residents and community.
Our benefits package includes a leave entitlement of 30 days + bank holidays, potential hybrid working opportunities, health and wellbeing support, a generous local government pension scheme and a range of discount schemes across leisure and culture that provide both financial and money-saving discounts.