Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:02 Oct 2022
Salary: (PO4) £41,586 – (PO6) £49,674 Dependant on Experience
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd October 2022
It is an exciting time to be working at Haringey, and especially in the Wood Green Regeneration Team, which is about to embark on an exercise to define how Wood Green can be improved and what it’s role within London should be. There are also a number of current regeneration projects underway In Wood Green that will improve our retail centres, support jobs, and create an improved public realm. Our aim is to ensure that the public and private investment secured to date has a lasting positive impact on the lives of our residents.
About the role
Sitting within the Sites Team of the Wood Green Regeneration Team, the role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work across a broad range of regeneration project stages that will be contributing the shaping the future of Wood Green for years to come, from developing a strategic vision for the area, to on-the-ground delivery.
This will include:
- helping to run a strategic engagement programme to set a vision for Wood Green’s regeneration over the next decade;
- managing the delivery of a public realm and shopfront improvement project to enhance a local shopping centre.
- working with local businesses and creative communities to preserve and enhance the economy of Wood Green’s cultural quarter;
- contributing to strategic urban design moves to improve Wood Green’s connectivity and implement Active Travel opportunities
- the chance to develop commercial and viability skillsets to assess options for the council’s sites in Wood Green;
You will be:
- A self-starter, with the knowledge, skills and experience to drive forward complex projects, requiring regular liaison with senior managers, elected members and a wide range of local stakeholders
- Adept at developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- A problem solver who is up for the challenge of delivering the highest quality outputs in a complex environment, requiring the ability to think outside of the box to deliver solutions; and
- You will enjoy building positive working relationships with Wood Green’s diverse communities and have a passion for ensuring underrepresented groups are able to participate and have their voices heard.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of managing major regeneration schemes / projects: physical, social, and economic in a town centre
- Experience of working in a physical, social, and economic regeneration setting with a clear understanding of the challenges that presents
- Experience of developing and sustaining successful partnership working across the public, private and third sectors to bring forward and deliver regeneration projects.
- Experience of managing and motivating a project team
- Experience of managing and being accountable for budgets, programmes, and projects, ensuring that financial records and systems are maintained and processed and that budget allocations are monitored and controlled.
- Experience of project and programme management including project initiation, reporting (milestones, risks and issues, outputs) and
- Extensive commercial experience and the ability to look at funding models that extend beyond the sole use of grant provision.
- Ability to get buy in and commitment to the service’s vision and priorities from key stakeholders and commitment to taking steps to ensure the involvement of all sectors of the community in all aspects of the services
This is a role where you can really contribute to the future of a Metropolitan Centre in London, as well as effect meaningful change on the ground.
This role is a permanent contract. It is an exciting opportunity to work within an environment that embraces a range of progressive working practices and benefits, including flexible working, 30 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension scheme, plus training opportunities