Location:Home & Neighbourhood Office Broadwater Farm, United Kingdom
Closing Date:03 Jul 2022
Salary: PO5 £44,628 – £47,661
Location: Haringey, North London
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 3rd July 2022
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse borough and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth.
We have got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
About the role
To undertake the contract administration/management role including decision making as a Project Manager / Client Agent under the Major Capital/PPM Works Programme Framework to ensure successful delivery of LBH Capital/PPM Projects by the Constructor Partners and their supply chain (SCMG) within a PPC200 contract and Compliance Team (Lead and Cost Consultants) within the CRCS (Pan London) with projects delivered on time, within budget and to a specified high standard of quality
To manage a programme of capital/PPM works to Haringey council housing stock, ensuring that contract conditions are complied with, and that budgets and timetables are adhered to.
To be responsible and manage staff within the partnering team to ensure the programme delivery.
The post holder will play a strategic role in ensuring that LBH delivers its annual investment programme of £50 million and take responsibility for meeting GLA targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate, contribute, and make decisions at the regular site progress meeting
- (Partnering Team meetings) produce monthly written reports for the partnering and core group meetings and site inspections at all key stages of the programme including pre commencement stage to ensure programme delivery in accordance with the Client Brief
- Ensure that a robust Change Control mechanism is implemented and managed to deliver the Capital programme including Early Warning Notices , Change Control Instructions and Requests for Information in accordance with the LBH standard processes, procedures and reporting methods, Client Brief and PPC2000 ( Project Partnering Contract) requirements
- Accurately and regularly monitor and report upon all financial and project progress so that the Asset Management department is able to monitor the actual and projected delivery of the capital programme.
- Participate and contribute to the monitoring and benchmarking of programme delivery Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in accordance with the LBH standard processes, procedures and reporting methods
- Participate and contribute to programme delivery cost control and value management & engineering
- Participate and contribute to the resolution of concerns, risk management and mitigation and delivery risk registers
- Participate and contribute in the liaison with the Constructor Partners, Compliance Team and the Supply Chain Management Group ( SCMG) supply chain partners to ensure that the programme scope of works are fully validated , agreed and signed off as “Approved AMP” prior to incorporation within the contract forms
- To liaise closely with the Framework Constructor Partners and Compliance Teams ( Lead and Cost Consultants) to ensure that the Change Control mechanisms , Contract Administration , LBH standard process, procedures and reporting methods are fully managed , coordinated and implemented in a timely and accurate manner to ensure successful programme delivery in accordance with the Client Brief.
- Liaise with residents, councillors, and members of other teams within LBH and the council to ensure that works are properly prioritised and carried out in a positive manner so that high levels of stakeholder satisfaction are achieved.
- Work with the partnering team to produce detailed Section 20 notices for our leaseholders for the works that will be undertaken in the coming programme. Hold consultations with leaseholders once the section 20 has been sent out.
- Participate and contribute to the Strategic Core Group to regularly review and stimulate progress of the Capital programmes
- Assist and deputise for the team leader in managing the team.
We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours, work from home days, generous annual leave, and an interest free travel loan. The team is currently working remotely, but plan to return to some office based work in the coming months. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK.