Location:FINSBURY PARK STAFF YARD
Closing Date:02 Oct 2022
Job Title: Parks Fitter Maintenance
Salary: SC4 – £23,400 – £24,684 per annum + 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 hours per week
Advert closing date: Sunday 2nd October 2022
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse borough, and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth.
We have got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
About the role
As part of the Parks & Greenspace team, you will assist with all aspects of the Parks Workshop ensuring that all equipment is maintained efficiently, so it is safe to use and minimises any disruption to the service.
- You will assist with ensuring all tools and equipment is maintained to a high standard, inspect all plant machinery before use and undertake day to day cleaning and refuelling.
- You will help diagnose machinery and tool faults and differentiate between repair and the disposal of old and obsolete equipment.
- Assisting the Workshop Team Leader with ensuring only authorised/qualified staff have access to suitable plant machinery, undertake safety checks and report any defective equipment so it is protected from use.
- You will sometimes be asked to assist with demonstrating specialist equipment and run tool and machinery induction sessions for service staff.
- Provide a visible presence when in the parks and greenspace, and act as the public’s first point of contact for the Service. You will ensure that minimum inconvenience is caused to the public whilst working, and act in a professional manner at all times.
- In the absence of your Team Leader, you may be required to attend meetings and liaise with appropriate Service colleagues to ascertain priorities of work, to plan deployment of labour, equipment, and materials within your specified area.
- You will implement weekly work schedules, under the supervision of your Team Leader to works are completed within set specifications and timeframes.
- Assist with ensuring all vehicles used by yourself and team are clean and presentable for daily use, and appropriate checks are carried out, with any defaults reported as appropriately where necessary.
- Ensure that adequate safety precautions are being maintained at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, risk assessments and horticultural best practice.
Haringey Council are looking to recruit a fitter to undertake maintenance of our wide range of Horticultural equipment. The post is available following the restructure of our Parks and Green Space Services.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a grounds maintenance setting and therefore have experience of operating and maintaining a variety of horticultural machinery including grass-cutting machinery and associated hand-held tools.
Having a clean UK driving license is essential for this role.
Why work for us?
We are committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Our benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, health and wellbeing support, local government pension scheme and a range of generous discount schemes across leisure and culture together with financial and money-saving discounts.