Location:London N22 7TR, United Kingdom
Closing Date:25 Jun 2023
Salary: PO8 £58,209 – £61,491
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 25th June 2023
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse, vibrant borough and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth. The capital construction project delivery programme of £250m+ aims to deliver world class education environments for all our children and young people, outstanding civic amenities, high quality homes and a reduced carbon footprint.
We have huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home. Be part of the change transforming Haringey.
About the role
As part of a very busy ‘People’ Delivery Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management from RIBA 0 – 6, predominantly working on improving and/or expanding our education estate in order for children and young people to achieve their potential. There will also be opportunities to undertake ‘Place’ related projects, working on projects that promote safe, clean green spaces for connected communities where people can lead active and healthy lives.
You will be part of the wider Major Projects Delivery Team which is an inclusive and very diverse team to work within. We celebrate our differences and play to our collective strengths. The environment is fast-paced, often demanding and no two days are the same. If you thrive in active, vibrant spaces, are highly outcome driven, are resilient under pressure plus have a great sense of humour, then the Major Projects Team is the right fit for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, monitor, control and successfully project manage an increased range of medium value (predominantly project values from £1,000,000 up to £5,000,000) and/or medium complexity (construction stage will be delivered in a single phase; change will have a impact on council business activity; and or members may show some interest and /or have a role in shaping the project) capital projects (predominantly construction related) from inception to completion under minimal supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
- To assist Senior Project Managers in the planning, management and delivery of medium to large value and or medium to very complex capital projects (predominantly construction related).
- To assist Senior Project Managers and/or Major Projects Delivery Manager – People or Place in the development and agreement of programmes/portfolios with project sponsor(s) and/or client officers.
- Co-ordinate the collection of all relevant advice and information from the appropriate sources that will assist in risk management, decision making and project delivery.
- Effectively manage the project teams so that the agreed project objectives and success criteria are achieved.
- Co-ordinate the effective preparation and maintenance of the project plan and use to control, monitor, and evaluate project progress and performance.
- Develop an effective communication plan to include all appropriate stakeholders and to co-ordinate and manage its implementation.
- Provide leadership for the project team and establish and maintain effective relationships between the key stakeholders.
- Deliver effective performance reviews and provide regular feedback to the project sponsor, project team and other key stakeholders.
- Carry out effective action planning to bring variations from the project plan back on track where appropriate.
- Carry out post project review in order to measure actual against planned success criteria following practical completion.
- Establish the appropriate management and maintenance arrangements following practical and final completion, capturing, and sharing the lessons learnt to enable service improvement.
- Educated to degree level in a construction or project management related field (or five years relevant experience).
- Project management related qualification is desirable such as Prince2 Foundation or Association of Project Managers Foundation certification.
- Experience in the planning, managing, monitoring and delivery of low to medium value (project values between £500,000 to £2,500,000) and medium complex and (preferably construction related) projects from inception to completion.
We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours, work from home days, generous annual leave, and an interest free travel loan. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK. We have diverse and multi-talented teams within Capital Projects and Property working in a fast-paced environment driving change, where highs are celebrated, and lows are lessons learnt for the next challenge.