Location:Pendarren House Outdoor Education Centre
Closing Date:09 Oct 2022
Grade: SC3 (National Officer Scale – Pendarren House)
Salary: £19650 – £20043 per annum
Full Time, Permanent (36 Hours per week)
Location: Pendarren House Outdoor Education Centre, Crickhowell, Powys, Wales
1 vacancy required
Closing Date: Sunday 9th October 2022
Shortlist Date: Week commencing Monday 10th October 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 17th or 24th October 2022
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year-olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
Pendarren House Outdoor Education Centre is owned and maintained by Haringey Council and offers residential outdoor education courses to the young people of Haringey. The Centre is an old country house set in 16 acres of grounds within the Brecon Beacons National Park. The Maintenance Officer has an important job within the team to maintain the site.
The role includes the day-to-day maintenance of the fabric, plant, vehicles, and grounds. This includes the buildings, swimming pool, sewage plants, outbuildings, and garden together with surrounding grounds. Routine checks and associated record keeping are required to comply with health and safety legislation.
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to follow guidelines that ensure compliance to Health and Safety at Work, HACCP, COSSH and other statutory requirements.
- Follow the Centres health and safety policies and procedures including record keeping maintaining compliance.
- Use, and ensure equipment is maintained, in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and Centre policy to ensure safe use.
- Undertake premises and vehicle checks as Centre policy; maintain records to comply with health and safety requirements.
- Undertake routine and emergency maintenance tasks on the premises to ensure Health and Safety concerns are addressed and to maintain the fabric and appearance of the site. Keep stocks of consumables required and notify the Head of Centre of any shortage
- Undertake routine checks and maintain records for the control of Legionella and Fire Prevention to ensure the health and safety requirements are complied with. Undertake PAT testing of portable appliances.
- Routine emergency lighting checks and record keeping ensuring the system is compliant.
- Undertake routine tasks in the garden of the Centre to maintain grounds to ensure it is safe for others to use.
- Manage waste disposal; monitor and inspect sewage plant and septic tank, carry out routine maintenance and report faults.
- General porterage of laundry, food supplies etc.
- Drive Centre minibuses occasionally to assist the teaching staff, collect supplies, maintain the vehicles.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of the heating systems in the four main buildings. Monitor heating oil supplies and supervise fuel deliveries as required.