Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:09 Oct 2022
Salary: PO7 £51,717 – £54,873 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract until March 2025
Interview: w/c 24th October 2022
Closing Date: Sunday 9th October 2022
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse, vibrant borough and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of improving outcomes for all residents.
We have huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home. Be part of the change transforming Haringey.
The Holiday and Food Programme Manager will lead on the delivery of an exciting and safe Holiday Activities and Food Programme which uses the borough’s assets for a range of diverse, culturally appropriate Holiday Programmes that incorporates a good food offer for the young people.
To deliver a vibrant, engaging and well communicated holiday and food programme offer to the residents of Haringey, particularly focussing on low income families and those with children that qualify for Free School Meals (FSM).
To develop and deliver strong partnerships with schools, a range of internal colleagues and community activity providers to achieve the immediate and wider outcomes of the Programme.
- You should be a graduate or of graduate calibre with a Project Management qualification such as Prince 2
- You should have a good negotiating and influencing skills allied to excellent relationship and contract management skills
- Ideally you will have a good knowledge of the DfE funded Holiday Activities and Food Programme.
- Your programme management should be first class with relevant experience of this in a similar or related environment
- Demonstrating excellent leadership skills and a degree of political acumen to ensure the programme has an excellent reputation amongst residents and local politicians
- As well as the generous salary and benefits package, Haringey takes the support and wellbeing of all our staff seriously – so you are ready to make a difference for our residents. You will be joining a genuinely forwarding thinking, innovative and collaborative organisation, where diversity is valued, and everyone is encouraged to bring their best self to work.
- We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours, work from home days, generous annual leave, and an interest free travel loan. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing, and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK.