Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:30 Jul 2023
Salary: PO7 £53,946 – £57,102 + essential car mileage allowance
Location: Haringey, North London (Hybrid working)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse borough and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth.
We have got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work within Housing Services and Building Safety Compliance, who are looking to recruit a highly talented Fire Safety Surveyor to join a professional team of Fire Risk Assessors.
You will be responsible for fire related improvement works using fire risk assessment (FRA) to deliver day to day actions, projects, and planned work within agreed timeframes, as well as ensuring compliance with the health and safety standards and procedures.
You will ensure that work is delivered in accordance with Building Regulations, best practice, and fire safety standards, with our residents at the heart of everything you do.
To be successful in applying for this role, you will have:
• NEBOSH Fire Safety Management certificate or an alternative Level 3 fire safety management or engineering qualification will be considered.
• Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent qualification in a related field.
• Substantial experience in a similar role, regarding fire related project management, design, servicing, repair or installation.
• Proven track record in managing large, high profile and value projects.
• Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
• Experience in managing an extensive, complex, and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion. Knowledge of relevant legislation applicable to residential buildings and construction activities.
Working for Haringey
At Haringey Council we are committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included, and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce so welcome applications from all ethnicities and communities so that we continue to make a difference to our residents and community.
Our benefits package includes a leave entitlement of 30 days + bank holidays, potential hybrid working opportunities, health and wellbeing support, a generous local government pension scheme and a range of discount schemes across leisure and culture that provide both financial and money-saving discounts.