Location:RIVER PARK HOUSE
Salary:£30,585 - £31,557
Closing Date:26 Sep 2021
Salary Grade: SO1
Pay Range: £30,585 – £31,557
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
This post is part of a specialist team working with perpetrators of domestic abuse where children are subject to statutory intervention under child in need or child protection plans.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To support the team manager and senior practitioner in the running of the ENGAGE project
- To carry a managed caseload of complex cases requiring experienced and expert practitioner input where there are significant domestic abuse concerns in relation to perpetrators with some having complex needs
- To ensure the safety of children and victims remain at the centre of all interventions and decision making
- To assess and write comprehensive and specialist assessments of risk and need in relation to perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Experience of working with perpetrators and undertaking risk assessments
- Skills around motivational interviews and relationship-based practice
- Grade C GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English
For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit our website: https://www.haringey.gov.uk/jobs-and-training/working-children-and-young-people-s-service
Closing Date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officers£34,884 - £37,722Environment and Neighbourhoods10 October 2021£34,884 - £37,722
Pest Control Operative£27,978 - £28,992Environment and Neighbourhoods3 October 2021£27,978 - £28,992
Inquest Assistant to the Inquest Manager£30,585 - £31,557Customers, Transformation and Resources3 October 2021£30,585 - £31,557