Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Salary:£37,722 - £40,869
Closing Date:19 Sep 2021
Salary: £37,722 – £40,869 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and improving the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
We are a council with high ambitions; we offer a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity, and commitment. We are a learning organisation, and the people that work wit us strive for continuous improvement in their practice, supported by professional training and development opportunities. We aim high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
As the Education Health and Care Plan Team Leader, you will supervise the EHCP Officers to undertake statutory assessments and offer advice and support to children, young people and families with SEND in accordance with the 2015 Code of Practice and 2014 Children and families Act. Ensure that children and young people are assessed within statutory time frames and receive education provision which meets their needs. You will:
- Work in partnership with schools, education psychology, social care, and health professionals to understand the needs of children with SEND and create appropriate plans for them.
- Work in co-production with children, young people, and their families.
- Co-ordinate Annual reviews in a timely and meaningful way.
- Work to prepare children and young people for adult life, maximising their life chances and opportunities.
- Manage data and performance to ensure that statutory deadlines are met, and quality of plans are outstanding
- Lead on mediation and Tribunal work ensuring wherever possible that the Local Authority works co-productively with children, young people and families.
For a full, comprehensive list of role responsibilities, please refer to the attached job description and person specification.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of SEND and how it affects children, young people, and families.
You should have:
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A professional qualification related to working with children at degree level or higher is desirable
- Good negotiation skills and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of the code of practice as it affects performance targets and funding for children to meet their SEND needs
- A passion for putting children and young people at te heart of their statutory plans and advocating for them to achieve their best outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of preparation for adulthood outcomes and best practice.
Closing Date: Sunday 19th September 2021
Interview Date: Friday 24th September 2021
Business Support Officer£25,137 - £26,520Environment and Neighbourhoods3 October 2021£25,137 - £26,520
Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officers£34,884 - £37,722Environment and Neighbourhoods10 October 2021£34,884 - £37,722
Pest Control Operative£27,978 - £28,992Environment and Neighbourhoods3 October 2021£27,978 - £28,992