Location:Haringey Council - Alexandra House
Closing Date:21 Aug 2022
Salary: PO5 £44,628 – £47,661
Location: Haringey, North London
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 21st August 2022
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse borough and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth.
We have got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
About the role
To manage a team of TA Supply/Contracts Officers, Property Surveyors and administration assistant to deliver a good supply of suitable, well-maintained private sector leased accommodation, nightly paid annex’s, housing association leasing and supplier managed temporary accommodation, overseeing the renewal of leased accommodation and managing contracts with suppliers across all accommodation types and vehicles rigorously and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an understanding of the customer base and its requirements
- To manage a team of contract officers and property surveyors, which will be, primarily dedicated to void works, disrepair claims and handback of private sector leases. Create and manage the contract management framework for external and internal customers.
- Collect quality and performance information; feeding that back as required; resolving customer complaints effectively.
- Coaching the Contracts & Procurement team, and other teams within Housing Demand so as to develop their competence (behavioural and technical).
- Make a positive impact to reduce the cost of void and general repairs works in PSL void properties.
- Identify, manage and deliver project work to develop the Housing Demand service and take forward innovation and new opportunities for service delivery.
- Investigate and respond to Members enquires, MP enquires, tenant and property owner Service Investigations.
- Manage section 11 Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, disrepair cases brought against Homes for Haringey for PSL and NPA properties, providing evidence on behalf of HFH during court proceedings.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support on highly complex and sensitive issues, and proactively anticipate and mitigate problems. Exercise a high level of discretion and use of initiative in deciding what course of action to take, to resolve any complex and contentious cases.
Experience and Qualifications
- Understanding of homelessness, tenancy law, and the issues involved when working with vulnerable people.
- Working knowledge of, and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Thorough understanding of policy, practise and principles around property procurement and contract management.
- Good understanding of lettings and tenancy management, and of principles and practise around working with landlords and their agents.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours, work from home days, generous annual leave, and an interest free travel loan. The team is currently working remotely, but plan to return to some office based work in the coming months. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK.