Location:Various locations across Haringey Borough
Salary:£32,418 - £34,209
Closing Date:30 Jan 2022
Salary: PO1 (£32,418 – £34,209 per annum)
Contract Type: 4x full time, 12 month fixed term contracts
Closing Date: Sunday 30th January 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 7th February 2022
About the Programme
Are you looking for a new, exciting and rewarding opportunity that enables you to work collaborative with others to truly make a difference?
We encourage residents to live their version of ‘a good life’.
Following a successful pilot project, we have expanded to cover the whole of Haringey. We will work across the borough to improve access to council and community services and support.
Connected Communities is not a standard team structure, we are an ecosystem. We ensure the voices of all; residents, workers and partners are heard and involved. We strive to improve not only the support we provide but also how this support is delivered.
What do we do?
- We help residents to access the right help at the right time
- We focus on what is strong not on what is wrong
- We are constantly learning
- We provide support locally to meet local need as part of Haringey’s ‘locality’ approach
- A mix of general and specialist support such as:
- English lessons (Adult learning)
- Parenting and childcare
- Benefits and financial advice
- Getting involved in community activities and groups
- Applying for the EU settlement Scheme
About the Role
You will form part of a multi- disciplinary team working across a number of community locations including Libraries, GP practices, community and children’s centres. Providing a non-threshold service, you will support people of all ages around housing support linking into colleagues to support across all areas.
As a support worker within a multi-disciplinary team you will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build trust with people of all ages. You will have extensive knowledge in your specialist area and be able to provide advice, guidance and support people to identify solutions and techniques to help address their needs, make connections and meet their own outcomes.
You will act as advocate and liaise with partner agencies to provide holistic and joined up services. Having an extensive understanding of borough wide services, you will support people to build their own networks. You will work flexibility with the needs of the individual by providing one-off support or case management when there is a need for short term interventions.
Working across a number of community settings you will be adaptable, flexible and able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a wider multi agency team.
- You recognise and embrace the strength of Haringey’s diversity. This is reflected in your work and commitment to participation.
- You enjoy working with people and encouraging them to discover and use their strengths.
- You enjoy problem solving and will bring creative ‘can do’ thinking to the role.
- You understand the principles of strengths-based working and person-centred approaches and can bring fresh ideas about how to embed these models into everyday working life.
- You enjoy working in an agile way, across different locations and with competing priorities.
- You may have experience in front line services and be looking to develop your career.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
This post is available for flexible working arrangements including term-time only working.
When applying, it is essential that you complete the application questions, responding to each using examples of your skills, knowledge and experience, clearly identifying which part of the Person Specification you are evidencing. You will find the Person Specification at the end of the Job Description. You are not required to submit a supporting statement or CV.
ADPH Business Manager£45,834 - £48,819Adults and Health6 February 2022£45,834 - £48,819
Learning and Development Manager£55,017 - £58,242Customers, Transformation and Resources13 February 2022£55,017 - £58,242
Apprenticeship & Entry Programme Lead£43,860 - £46,839Customers, Transformation and Resources6 February 2022£43,860 - £46,839