Location:Home & Neighbourhood Office Broadwater Farm, United Kingdom
Closing Date:16 Oct 2022
Salary: PO4 £41,586 – £44,628
Location: Haringey, North London
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 16th October 2022
Haringey Council is one of 32 in London. Haringey is an extremely diverse borough and the Council has set clear ambitious objectives through its borough plan to make Haringey a better place to live, encourage investment and create opportunities that all can share. Haringey’s vision for the future is one of sustainable growth, in housing and jobs and on helping our residents and businesses take advantage of that growth.
We have got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we are determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
About the role
The Broadwater Farm Estate Improvement Programme is one of the most ambitious and exciting regeneration programmes in London.
This is an energising time of change and activity on Broadwater Farm Estate. A lot is happening with five different workstreams delivering new homes, estate improvements, demolition and refurbishment, social and community benefits including health and enterprise facilities, and opportunities for arts and culture, whilst also delivering core estate services.
This role is focused on supporting the delivery of the five workstreams in Broadwater Farm, using the Engagement Framework, which sets out our approach to coproduction. This means working closely with residents and stakeholders, internal and external consultants, ensuring that residents have regular communication about what’s happening and can make a meaningful input in activities for positive change. It is about caring about what residents need and encouraging all the diverse voices in the community to be heard.
The Broadwater Farm Team is a small team, working in a hybrid manner based in the Community Centre. The Team has a collaborative and supportive ethos, with colleagues progressing respective workstreams, as well as co-ordinating with other departments and services including regeneration, housing management, estate services, communications, policy and much more, all contributing to the overall Improvement Programme.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person who is experienced in delivering community engagement projects in a regeneration / development context. The successful candidate will have a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude to work, be able to work well as part of a team and have the imagination and commitment to initiate, and then deliver, community engagement projects and programmes.
You will be able to build long-lasting working relationships with the communities of Broadwater Farm and support them over the coming years as the Estate undergoes major transformation.
- Are you a natural when it comes to engaging with residents and other stakeholders?
- Do you enjoy the challenges of working in a large, high-profile project?
- Do you want to make a difference with communities?
This is a great chance to embark on an incredible journey on Broadwater Farm Estate, as we begin a new way of working with residents and stakeholders through positive co-production.
Join the Broadwater Farm Team and gain invaluable experience within a forward thinking council.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To deliver innovative engagement across the estate regeneration fund areas which maximizes long term involvement in the regeneration programme and sets a new benchmark for reach, quality and expertise.
- Develop, manage, and deliver the engagement and consultation strategies for the local area. This will include engagement on the delivery of the People Priority initiatives and any emerging physical plans for change.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the community and key stakeholder groups including residents, businesses, amenity groups, investors and partners.
- Work across departments/services to ensure that engagement across the estate regeneration fund areas is coordinated and integrated into the Council’s core engagement communications activities.
- Develop innovative engagement packages that are bespoke to certain community groups and areas, which build capacity and foster long term engagement in the regeneration programme and raises aspirations.
- Develop engagement material suitable for a variety of stakeholders. This will include newsletters, consultation material, leaflets, online and social media and will include arranging for translations.
- Organise and manage engagement events with and for the community and key stakeholders. This will include organising risk assessments.
- Identify where additional engagement resource is required and manage additional resource from Haringey Council.
- Undertake a stakeholder mapping exercise, create a stakeholder database and review, and update regularly.
- Produce an engagement, consultation and engagement log which records all engagement and consultation activity.
We offer a local authority pension and a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours and generous annual leave. We are committed to our employees and offer many opportunities for professional development. This includes training, shadowing and mentoring. You will be part of a wide professional network, across London and the UK.