Location:Haringey Council - River Park House
Closing Date:12 Feb 2023
Salary: £36217 – £47857 per annum
Full Time, Permanent (36 Hours per week)
1 vacancy required
Closing Date: Sunday 12th February 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
The Assessment Service consists of five Assessment teams, each led by a Team Manager managing up to five social workers.
As part of this position, you will:
- Provide high quality casework and service to vulnerable children and families
- Safeguard children, promote well-being and improve their outcomes
- Complete child & family assessments and section 47 enquiries
- write SMART CIN, CP and LAC plans
- Maintain high standards of professional practice and engage with supervision
- It is essential that you have a relevant social work qualification and registered with SWE
- Have a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience, preferably in a similar setting
- Work as part of a team, be proactive and solution focused
- be able to work under pressure and manage a caseload
- Have excellent communication skills
As an employer of choice, Haringey Council offers an extensive benefits package including recruitment and retention bonuses, excellent pension scheme and continued professional development. For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit: