Location:TRIANGLE CHILDREN CENTRE
Closing Date:10 Jul 2022
Salary: £21,399 – £21,783 per annum
Fixed-Term Contract (12 months)
Closing Date: Sunday 10th July 2022
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own. The Casual Centre Assistant post holder will be required to work across 3 of Haringey Children’s Centre sites; Triangle Children’s Centre, Woodside Children’s Centre and Park Lane Children’s Centre. They would also be required to be able to travel and be flexible with their shift patterns which are between 8am-6pm.
About the Role
As a Casual Centre Assistant, you will work under the direction of the Senior Early Years Officer to undertake a range of domestic, cleaning and associated duties in order to ensure the safety, welfare, physical and mental wellbeing of children and all users of the centre throughout the day. The role will involve working closely with the children at meal, sleep and personal care times.
- You will provide simulating interactions and experiences for children and support their development
- General cleaning activities across the centre as required (please refer to job description for full details)
- Assist setting out materials and equipment for children’s activities and tidying up afterwards
- Assist Childcare staff in the supervision of indoor and outdoor activities throughout the day following the Behaviour Policy of the Centre
We are looking for someone who can use their initiative and can work independently as well as being part of a highly motivated and professional team. You will need to have a caring nature to work with very young children. You should have:
- Experience of working with young children and be flexible in meeting the needs of a wide range of children
- Previous experience of cleaning to a high standard
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently communicate with parents, colleagues and children
- Be energetic and enthusiastic and work well as part of a team
As an employer of choice, Haringey offers an extensive benefits package including:
- 30 days annual leave (pro rata for part time staff) – 26 annual leave days + 2 privilege + 2 statutory days
- Excellent pension scheme
- Continuous professional training and support with career opportunities Council wide