Location:PARK LANE CHILDREN CENTRE
Closing Date:02 Oct 2022
Salary: £23,400 – £24,684 per annum
Full Time, Permanent (36 Hours per week)
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd October 2022
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing Monday 3rd October 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 10th October 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do. In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
About the Role
1. To welcome all families, visitors and callers to the centre, ensuring registration procedures are followed and to direct visitors to the appropriate area, informing personnel of their arrival.
2. To signpost users to any relevant service.
3. To answer all telephone calls, taking and logging messages, answering general queries and transferring calls to appropriate personnel.
4. To book visits, meetings and events where appropriate providing administrative support to the centre team.
5. To take bookings and collect fees for attendance at groups and keep relevant records.
6. To maintain the centre’s central email system, directing emails to appropriate personnel; to set up and maintain Outlook system for personnel to access – using electronic diaries, message systems and other tools, ensuring the day-to-day-smooth operational running of the office.
7. To open post and circulate, maintaining staff communication system.
8. To prepare and write reports and letters and carry out administrative duties related to the post.
9. To assist staff in photocopying, binding and laminating documents as required.
10. To assist in carrying out regular stock checks on stationary materials and ordering new stock as needed.
The ideal candidate will have
• GCSE at level A-C in English and Mathematics or equivalent
• Experience of administrative functions
• Experience of working with the general public
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A flexible “can-do” approach
• Able to work as part of a team
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Willingness to be flexible about hours worked
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload efficiently
• Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with families, visitors and staff
• Ability to work a community language
- Learning and Development
- On the job training
- Paid Annual Leave – Plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Wellbeing